Thursday, January 9, 2014

Happy New Year!

Resolutions and Such


Ah, the first blog post from a long winter's break. Now it's back to the music, and I couldn't be happier! My resolution with this blog is to bring you more of what I already do--great music from young composers and great performances by young ensembles. 

In addition to reviewing awesome new music (and their writers and champions) I will also cover the awesome venues that regularly (or only) offer new music concerts. I will try to find a venue in each state in the U.S. from New York to North Dakota, new music will be yours! (Or something like that, if I can find places in ND). Also, maintaining that Pinterest profile where I gather as many images as possible for those pieces that conjure places people, and visual eye candy.

So far, going on this musical journey has been incredibly fun, and who knew new music could be fun?! OK, so maybe I strongly suspected it, but discovering so much great music being made near and far and that doesn't clash with the other songs on my phone was surprising. Cheers to a the new year and keeping our resolutions!



Classically Yours

0 comments:

Post a Comment